Facebook Login + Like + Follow Button

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Introduction

Welcome to my blog, my name is Max Hochman. I'm a student at the University of North Florida studying communications, with a focus in media production. I will say that creating this blog is a requirement for a class called, "Understanding Emerging Media", and honestly I have never done any true blogging before. However, I feel there won't be a problem posting content about a some of my favorite topics.

That being said, I realize that sports and technology are two very broad topics. I won't be talking about every sport or every new piece of fancy technology that comes on the market. Rather, I'll post about the sports and technology that I find most interesting, since that's the point of a personal blog anyways! So I'll give you a taste of some of the things I'll be posting, my favorite sports are football, basketball, and hockey. I don't find baseball particularly interesting, but if it's relevant then maybe I'll bring it up. As far as technology goes, my background is in electrical engineering, and I have great interest in video production. So I could be looking into new camera technology coming out, talking about tips and tricks in video editing software, or perhaps a do it yourself soldering experiment!

I someday aspire to work behind the scenes in sports broadcasting with the ESPN College Gameday or NFL Monday Night Football crew, as either a technical director or perhaps a floor manager. But for now I'm volunteering with the UNF Athletic Communications department, filming and editing video for the Osprey sports teams. I also volunteer my time helping to produce a campus news show on UNF's own Spinnaker Television. So my current involvement in my field of interest should help provide plenty of talking points for my posts. Well, thanks for reading my introduction! I look forward to keeping the world wide web informed in (what I believe) are the latest and greatest happenings in sports and technology.

Cheers,
Max Hochman

No comments:

Post a Comment